after putting it off for two weeks (partially due to reading the hunger games trilogy, partially due to my own laziness) I’ve finally decided to be ~proactive~ in getting my apartment together. while cleaning and organizing are on the top of my list, I’m also ready to make this place feel less like the location where I eat too many carbohydrates and crash after long days and more of an actual home - an inviting space for sweet hangs.
because I’ve been spending six afternoons a week at work, I want figure out little projects to work on. rather than coming home each night, taking off my pants, and getting cozy with a book (or the internet), I want to create things. I’m tired of feeling like if I’m not at work or with pals, I’m wasting what little free time I do have.
that being said, two questions:
1) any cool DIY / home-related blogs you’d suggest? there’s so much out there and it is hard not to get sucked into a black hole of “omg look how cool” sometimes.
2) anyone want to be pen pals? I know I’m the worst at responding to things, but I think it would be nice to spend some time getting into writing again in a conversational way, since I’ve been struggling with it in the creative sense. shoot me an email (email@example.com) if you are interested
- whilewestillcan likes this
- walln likes this
- austinoliver said: Maybe this might not be exactly what you’re looking for, but I love the #diy tag on pinterest, there are always great ideas there. And it’s organized fairly well. I’d suggest starting there, because there are a lot of pins from good diy blogs!
- ashliwood likes this
- sunspores likes this
- classickk likes this
- pegthepatriarchy said: I bet Carla would have good recommendations for DIY blogs!
- donquixotedlm said: storagegeek.tumblr.com
- littlecartography said: micasaessucasa.tumblr.c… not necessarily DIY, but it’s given me a lot of good ideas! Also, I’m doing the same today so GO DOMESTIC BABES, GO!
- brotherjames likes this
- littlecartography likes this
- thirteenguy likes this
- poorlywrittenhistory posted this